Motogadget mo.lock NFC is a contact free digital ignition lock system with NFC technology which eliminates the need for mechanical(keyed) ignition system. This system is an excellent system , especially when building a custom bike and you don’t want the bulky key cylinder to be visible.
The hidden mounting of the small mo.lock, covered by non-metallic parts like e.g. a plastic side panel, permits completely removing the mechanic ignition lock. Clean look and various design possibilities are guaranteed – especially for custom bikes!
The associated digital key/transponder only has to be approached to the motogadget m.lock (switching distance approx. 40mm (1 1/2″ – 2″), and the ignition is switched on or off completely contact free.
The motogadget mo.lock NFC is based on the latest NFC technology (Near Field Communication ) and therefore, unlike e.g. radio remote controls, is extremely tamper-proof. Each key/transponder has a unique digital code.
The mo.lock can be actuated with the correct digital code only. Key/transponder and m.lock are absolutely free of mechanical wear.
The mo.lock NFC switches automotive relays with a possible load of up to 40A – sufficient power for every on-board system.
The 2 included standard keys are key fob sized.
All keys/transponders are available as a replacement ‘key blank’ and can be ‘taught’ to the desired mo.lock.
Note: We do not recommend using the mo.lock combined with immobilizers! Contact your dealer/manufacturer for information’s about the possible deactivation of the immobilizer.
Dimensions and Specifications
- Transmitter/receiver, diameter of installed assembly: 30 mm
- Height: 12 mm without terminals and brackets
- Weight incl. cable: approx. 35g
- Fixture: 1 x M3 threaded hole on back side
- Operating voltage: 8V – 18V
- Operating temperature: -20 °C… +80 °C (-4F – 176F)
Included in the Box
- mo.lock NFC
- 2 Keys
- 1 automotive relay 12V/40A
- detailed installation and operating instructions
Advantages of Using the Motogadet mo.lock
- NFC technology is tamper-resistant
- each key has a unique code
- the key first activates the mo.lock without touching it and then, via the relay, the entire on-board system
- neither key nor mo.lock suffer from mechanical wear
- the key requires no battery – failsafe
- no overload or scorched pins possible due to indirect switching via the 40 A main relay
- the mo.lock NFC is very compact an can be mounted hidden in many places
- water tight and vibration resistant because of the moulded-in construction
- depending on the model, key sizes range from very small (key fob sized) to tiny (glass vial) and may be integrated into other objects like gloves, clothing, pendants (NON-METALLIC!) etc.
- keys can be easily purchased and ‘learned’ to any mo.lock – your integrated locksmith
- a switching distance of 4 – 5 cm ensures convenient switching while excluding the possibility of accidental engagement
- An integrated RGB-LED shows the status of the m.lock while switching, connecting and ‘teaching’ new keys